Living in a small apartment doesn't mean that you have to slack on decorating or compromise on functionality. Finding ways to spruce up your space and still follow those annoying apartment rules are very doable with just a little eativity. So, I've compiled a list of 5 super easy makeover ideas to get you on the right track.
1. Adding a back splash to the kitchen can provide that needed pattern and color to the room. There are several peel and stick back splh options available. I found some really interesting ones on the Home Depot site. See here.
2. Not really into the whole peel and stick idea? Well, using wallpaper as a kitchen back splash is also a great and simple idea. Using something like Command Stripes to attach the wallpaper, will allow you to easily remove it when necessary.
3. Okay, so you can't paint the walls but you can always paint your furniture! The days of matching stained items are over. So, try adding color to your room via your furniture. An emerald color dresser, a hot pink night stand or a coral colored office chair can make a world of differences! Investing in a quality electric sander and paint gun is key.
4. Add fabric to your walls. This is super simple to complete. With just liquid starch and the fabric of your choice, you can dress up your walls and easily remove them at any given time. Unlike wallpaper, this method will not damage the walls.
5. Long gone are the days of having to settle for the generic and basic builder rugs which are often found in older apartments. Layering wall to wall carpet with an area rug is right on trend. This adds an element of interest to the room. So cover up those bad boys with a geometric pattern, zebra or chevron rug!
So, there it is, my list of simple apartment makeover ideas. I hope this helped you in some way. Please share pictures if you ever decide to make any of these changes!!
Bye for now,